Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine Of The Day Thread - VOTD

Obviously it's now time to celebrate the sweet celebration that is Valentine's Day. Much like my Christmas tree and wedding cake of the day threads (seen here and here) this thread will be about my Valentine Of The Day (VOTD). Yeah, the wording doesn't make much sense but that's because instead of it focusing on one decoration or item it will consist of many different things; As long as they are Valentiney. So make sure you keep an eye on the left corner of the page when you come here lest you miss a special Valentine.



Hollywood Cupcakes
Baker: Debbie R
Place: Somerset, NJ (USA)
VOTD: 2/12/10

In case it's not obvious, I've named this VOTD Hollywood Cupcakes in remembrance of the show "Hollywood Squares".
Now that you understand, isn't that hilarious? HAHAHAHA!



Sexy Valentine Shoe
Photographer: Terri
Place: Boston, MA (USA)
VOTD: 2/11/10

As though a giant high-heeled chocolate shoe isn't enough, it's also got more chocolate inside of it. They are in heart form too (remember the "heart shapes are good for your heart" rule). Terri's boyfriend, Andrew bought it for her a couple years back on Valentine's Day. What a swell guy.



Valentine Plaque
Photographer: Me!
Place: St. Louis, MO (USA)
VOTD: 2/10/10

I found this cute little stone (or plaster?) plaque thing at my local Goodwill the other day. I got it for the low low price of two dollars. It was marked down from something like a $1000. At least that's my estimation. It was probably even more!




Stamp of Chocolaty Love
Creator: Shigemi J.
Place: Iwate Takizawa (Japan)
VOTD: 2/9/10

This image was created using fd's flickr toys, so obviously it's not a real stamp.
Shigemi used her photo of chocolate lady bugs to put onto a stamp template.
If only it were real though! What a glorious day it would be if one could send a letter for a mere 39 cents. Sigh...




Vintage Valentine Banner
Creator: Amy_B (flickr.com)
Place: Norman, AR (USA)
VOTD: 2/8/10

I love the little valentine elves on this mini-banner. Reminds me of something out of an old cartoon from the 50s. Amy says, "This was made with vintage knee hugger heads."
Ahhh, yes...those! Why, I've been looking for a use for those old hugger heads myself I truly have!




Valentine Bottle Stands
Maker: Jessica (sohappytogether blogspot)
Place: Jacksonville, Florida (USA)
VOTD: 2/5/10

These bottle stands are such a cool idea. Jessica says she made these for her family's Valentine dinner. I'm still trying to work in my head how she got all those things inside? I'm thinking she's a master of the dark arts? Yes, finally! We are in touch with the dark one!!
Or maybe they are just upside down wine glasses :-s




Cupcake Love
Photographer: weenee (flickr.com)
Place: USA
VOTD: 2/4/10

I'll give you my heart...for one of those cupcakes :-p



V-Day In The Stores
Photographer: nredmond (flickr.com)
Place: Dublin, Ireland
VOTD: 2/3/10

It's proof that the Irish also care about other saints besides St. Patrick.



Valentine Cookie Machine
Maker: Sweet Flour Bake Shop
Place: Toronto, Canada
VOTD: 2/2/10

A shot of fresh Valentine cookies coming out of an assembly line. Delicious!



Gnomes Of Love
Maker: dreamfollow.com
Place: USA
VOTD: 2/1/10

Aren't these so cute? I thought it would be cool to start my Valentine of the day thread with something less traditional than flowers or chocolates. I would love to have one of these hanging out in my kitchen or bedroom during the holiday of love.



2 comments:

  1. The Hollywood Square cupcakes are probably my favorite, but I have to admit I would love to get a chocolate shoe someday. I'd rather have a dark chocolate one, though...single bean Ecuadorian maybe? Ha ha ha -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Hollywood Square one too. The photographer was kind enough to let me make stickers out of them: http://holidaytrees.blogspot.com/p/new-holidaytrees-store.html

    ReplyDelete