Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine's Day - A New Month, A New Holiday Celebration!

Are you ready HolidayTree lovers for the new month of February? If you are like me you have finally taken down your Christmas tree and replaced all the red and green with pink and white. My website shall change much like our homes. Now this blog will focus on flowers, chocolates and other Valentine joys. First however, I would like to ease you into the transition. Remember when I eased you into the idea of wedding cakes after a month of Christmas trees? I showed you festive styled wedding cakes (see here). In the same spirit here are a couple heart/Valentine themed wedding cakes.



A great use of pink and white.

I love how the flowers are only on half of the heart. It adds a subtle effect to it.
Something Special Cakes (TN, USA)



The swirls on this cake gives it an interesting "in motion" feeling.

The other cool thing is the topper. The bride says, "My uncle made the cake topper...it's hand blown glass of a rose with two hearts and a hummingbird."
~Dezz~ (flickr.com)


I'm not sure if it was intentional...

...but the hearts look like it was drawn on by a six year old. Usually this would give the cake an unprofessional look but I think here it fits the style.
carolinabird (flickr.com)


An elegant fondant red and white cake.

If this cake was any smoother it would be a baby's ass.



Let's get a bird's eye view.

Here you can see the nice heart shape and the use of glitter. It's oh-so-classy.
cight (flickr.com)


More Valentine goodies to come!!!


1 comment: