Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine Day Dreamcatcher

My fiancee doesn't dream much. However, I tend to dream a lot. My dreams are usually an assortment of boring, scary, and fun. I found this dreamcatcher at the dollar store (in case you haven't noticed, we are poor) and was stoked. I wanted to hang it in some random spot like the kitchen or living room. Maybe even against the wall. Logan however wanted it above the bed to fulfill its purpose.

By the way, here is the dreamcatcher's legend: dreams flying through netherspace get caught in the web at night. Good dreams slid down through the feather and into the sleeping person's head. Bad dreams get caught in the web and melt away when daylight comes.
Sounds good. Unfortunately for me since we've hung it up I've had nothing but nightmares. The bad kind too. Full of stress, lost loves, and money woes. Logan however has actually started dreaming. Luckily for him they have been the good kind.
We compromised, he gets one more week with the wretched thing. Then I get my way and take it down once V-Day passes. It shall spend the rest of it's life in the Valentine decoration box.
Beware the dream catcher.


2 comments: