Monday, January 11, 2010

Pink Wedding Cakes

Alright, time to come clean. I love the color pink. Valentine's Day is just a lame excuse to wallow in pinkalish joys. So I'm having a thread on wedding cakes that are mostly pink. Much like my "Pink Christmas Tree Thread", I will start it off the same way:



It's...

...attack of the pink wedding cakes!



I'll take some pink blossoms to go with my pink cake.

The maker (Denise Talbot) says, "3, 6, 9 and 12" single layer cake covered with soft pink fondant scored to look like silk. Dusted with luster dust so it shimmered. Cherry Blossoms dusted in the centers and luster dusted."
Very clever and very unique!
Cakes So Special




I'm not sure exactly how to describe this cake.

Maybe it's a little chic? Not MY kind of shabby chic with the flowers and almost Victorian style. But more like "fashionable" chic in a Parisian kind of way.
Jamie Anderson (Canada)



Another one of those...

..little "girl's room" or "girl's birthday party" style cakes. Or that's how I think of them. With those zany swirls it's hard to think of this as a wedding cake. But hey, the brides know what they want and it's the baker's job to deliver.
She Takes The Cake



"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion... "

"...then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.
Being in the nature of god means that equality with god cannot be grasped."
Sifu Renka (flickr.com)



Oh, sorry. I was just reading. Let me continue,

"But instead, make oneself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
humble and obedient to death."

So romantic! I just love those old fashion Italian oaths for joining the mob.


No comments:

Post a Comment