Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Shabby Chic Pink Wedding Cakes

If you've been here since this website was featuring Christmas Trees, then you know that I love anything shabby chic. As I have explained before, to be shabby chic is more than just frosting a white cake with pink sweetness. It's about the ratio of pink, white and green (to accent it) and the style in which it is done.

The following are the best examples of shabby chic I have. Which makes them some of my favorite cakes. Obviously this means there will be many more on this blog in the future.



I'm starting off with my favorite.

I love the different shapes used as opposed to just round. Also the sage green, so often used as just an accent, is used more than the pink!
Plus, I respect the use of butter cream since I know it's harder to work with.
Sherlly (Chattanooga, TN)



This the monster of all shabby chic cakes.

A whooping six tiers!
The baker explains how it was transported,
"We did it in two sections for ease of transporting and put it together at the venue - The Grosvenor Hotel in Chester."
CAKE Chester (Chester, Cheshire UK)


Here's a fun game. Try to figure out the difference (other than size) between the previous cake...

...and this cake.
Alix's Cakes



The top is gorgeous.


Darn, I just gave away one of the differences.
Anywho, the detail here (like so many cakes today) was designed based on the bride's dress.

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking to book a holiday in the Kyloe hills of Northumberland then you might like to know a little about the area. kitesurfing holidays

    ReplyDelete