Monday, January 4, 2010

Basket Cases - Wedding Cakes with Basket Weaves

Here are wedding cakes that are covered with what is called a "basket weave". I like to call them Basket Cases. That way I can relate to them.



A perfect example of a basket cake.

Although a bit plain.
The crab on top freaks me out a tad bit.




I love the soft colors in this one.

This cake has:
"-Italian meringue butter cream
-Chocolate genoise
-Belgian white chocolate ivy leaves and lattice hearts"
Hey, look at that!
It's got enough nationalities to join a mob, lose a war, and worship a statue that pees.
Mirabelle Catering (West Coast, USA)



It's a box full of roses, on top of a decked out scrapbook, on top of a square basket, on top of a pearled pillow.

At least that's what I see :-) Comment below and tell me what you see!
(if you say "a cake" I won't be pleased)
Mirabelle Catering (West Coast, USA)



May only be three tiers...

...but by golly they are some huge three tiers!




More basket cakes to come!!!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a disheveled potpourri gift box, with a bunch of glass thermometers stuck in the top and some lasagna noodles on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go for the second picture, it looks livelier than the first one. The color, design, and structure are all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information on wedding Cake ideas!!You did a fabulous job with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are wedding cakes that are covered with what is called a "basket weave". I like to call them Basket Cases. That way I can relate to them. kitesurfing holidays

    ReplyDelete