Thursday, January 14, 2010

Steampunk Wedding Cake - Clankity-Clank

Quite possibly one of the oddest wedding cakes I've ever seen, the so-called Steampunk Wedding Cake (designed by Mike of Mike's Amazing Cakes in Redmond, Washington) looks more like a medieval time traveling device than a pastry delight.

The photographer, Claw Kelsay, says, "Truly a work of art created by the mentor and teacher of Duff Goldman at Charm City Cakes in Baltimore (Ace of Cakes on Food Network) for the Renaissance themed wedding ['says I, then it's a good thing it looks like it's from medieval times.']. The gears don't move, but each one was individually crafted and painstakingly attached. The doors do open and close, though."

He goes on to say, "The outer, smooth covering was either gum paste or marzipan and as you can see each tier was a different flavor."

I wish I had my own clankity-clank cake ;-)


1 comment: