Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blue Wedding Cakes

Ah yes, sweet delicious blue. What candy do you always save for last? I know it's not boring green (lime) or simple yellow (lemon). Red (cherry) has it's perks but it's too obvious (plus sometimes it comes across as cough syrup). Yes, it's blue (blueberry) that is always the best choice. You don't care if it makes your mouth turn an unnatural color. In fact, you like it! You'll smear that blue butter cream all over your gums and teeth just to annoy your significant other. Or maybe that's just me.



This cake has a very unique look.

I love that blue! So vibrant. The use of leaves instead of flowers is a nice touch as well.
I sometimes wonder what the trick is to getting butter cream that smooth?
foodchronicles (flickr.com)



Not sure what pipe dream this came out of.

Maybe I'm just hoping it came from a pipe dream.
Tau Zero (flickr.com)



A little mellower blue.

And look, the cake brought the bride and groom a card. How sweet.
tackyspoons (flickr.com)



Beautiful baby blue.

With an adorable stand to match.
According to the maker it was "Inspired by Colette Peters' amazing brush embroidery work."
Jamie Anderson (Canada)


More magically colored cakes to come.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, i'm from 20sb we love comments. You wanted some feedback onyour blog? I think the posts are great but I think that the red background takes away from your theme and your posts. I'd go with a softer color that wouldn't take attention away from what's important!
    Great post by the way. I love the cake!! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete