Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shabby Chic Trees - Part 2

Can you believe that I missed these two extraordinary trees?! Both of these pictures can be accredited to non other than Anne-Marie (eg2006 from flickr.com). You can see her other shabby chic tree in part one. Now on to Shabby Chic Part Two:



Don't you just love big white fake trees? I think they're gorgeous! But this fact has nothing to do with any of the following trees. Why is that? Because they are real as Anne-Marie explains, "They are just noble firs that are flocked."

If you are like me you are wondering what flocking is. Well after doing some research (typical in a day as a TreeChick) flocking is a a procedure consisting of spraying a rotating tree with colored adhesive spray. It results in the white trees shown on this page but you can get it done in any color you want. Cool huh?
Some people might not think so, arguing it's a pain in the butt and time wasted. Anne-Marie disagrees, "One of the reasons I prefer a real tree is that from as far back as I can remember, my dad and I went to pick out the family tree together. It's become a wonderful tradition that we look forward to and when I got married, my husband joined in with us."
You mean, you actually got a man to get into Christmas trees that have so much pink and ribbon they look like they are ready for a tea party?!
Ah, not so much, "My husband and I both love Christmas so much we decided to compromise on the theme of the tree every other year."
So while her husband loves the multi-colored theme:

(or as I like to say, "rainbow theme")


Anne-Marie loves the pinks theme:

You can guess whose year the shabby trees are from ;-)

Obviously, Anne-Marie is passionate about her Victorian, shabby chic, all done up and no where to go Christmas trees.

However, that doesn't stop her from enjoying years that aren't her style: "I look forward to the change. It keeps things from getting boring."
That may be true. However, I like the idea of alternating to help make the shabby years all the more chic ;-)


Interested in seeing what her husband's rainbow themed trees look like? Pay attention to the CTOTD (Christmas Tree of the Day) for they will be making an appearance.

1 comment:

  1. Did Ann-Marie say where she goes, and what it costs to get a tree flocked? I can think of all kinds of random items I want to flock. Even people. Flock my enemies!

    ReplyDelete