Thursday, July 14, 2011

2011 Wedding Cake of the Day - WCOTD

Some wedding cakes just don't fit into any of the categories that my articles are usually about. With cakes like that, I like to put them in my "Wedding Cake of the Day" thread. The abbreviation to which is: WCOTD
This post will be continuously updated and will eventually be off the front page. To reach it, simply click on the WCOTD photo located in the upper left hand corner of the page. See? Wasn't that easy?
So come here to see wedding cakes that just don't quite fit the labels that I have arbitrarily created to categorize wedding cakes.
Enjoy!



Heart Cake?
Cake Maker: Alix's Cakes Website
Place: UK
WCOTD: September 6 2011

I really wish I could see the other side of this cake as I suspect it may be
one of them three tiered heart shaped wedding cakes that you hear so much about!
Never seen one first hand but if I could just rotate the photo by 180 degrees I just
might be able to!
Oh and the purple ribbons & flowers are pretty too :-)




Heart of the Cake

Photographer: NOTKT (flickr)
Place: USA
WCOTD: July 15 2011

A beautiful three tier cake cutely decorated with hearts.
I especially like the second tier cake topper. I'm usually not a fan of those bubbly bride and
groom pieces but this one is rather endearing.




Flowering

Cake Maker: Jamie Anderson
Place: Canada
WCOTD: July 14 2011
I love this wedding cake (yes, this cake was really used for a wedding).
I'm sure Jamie was very relieved when she was done forming all the orchids and hydrangeas by hand.
Let's take a moment and put ourselves in Jamie's shows and pretend it is you that must form everyone of these flowers by hand.

It would take a long time wouldn't it?
Now imagine that after hours of hard work and dexterous labor
you have finally completed your task.
Feels pretty good eh?
I'm glad it does, cause now you have to start all over!
Well, maybe you don't have to start over but Jamie had to:
"I got the colors reversed on the flowers and ended up having to make them all over again!"

Poor Jamie. But something tells me she got real good at forming flowers out of fondant once the second batch were completed!


Got a cake photo with a story?
Send it to HolidayTrees@gmail.com and share it with the world!



2 comments:

  1. So is there going to be a jack o'lantern page this year? We may have carved pumpkins to contribute. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so lazy with this website :-(

    This seems to happen every year around Halloween. I have ideas on what to do but I never do as much as I do for Christmas, etc. This year I haven't done anything!!

    But if you send me pumpkin photos I'll do a one day celebration for Halloween :-)

    Then by November 5th it's back to Christmas trees :-)

    ReplyDelete