Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cile Bellefleur Burbidge Wedding Cakes! Pink! Victorian! Intricate!

I really like things that are done in the Shabby Chic style (you should know this if you have seen my previous articles).

But the truth is that sometimes you find a Wedding Cake that simply does not compare to any other Wedding Cake out there. And that's what I found when Sarah Erlandson shared with me her beautiful wedding cake made by the renowned cake designer: Cile Bellefleur Burbidge

So intricate, so pink, so shabby, so chic and so Victorian!

Yes, I don't believe there is another wedding cake out there quite like this.

Oh and did I mention the flavor?

Orange Blossom :-)

Cile Bellefleur Burbidge, the Mistress-of-all-wedding-cakes (as she likes to be called) is definitely a true artist.

And Sarah (also known as the-Bride-with-the-killer-Cake) is truly the one we should be envious of since she got to see the masterpiece in person and enjoy a piece of it. Now, she has part of the cake on display at her tearoom in Walpole, MA: Fancy That (www.afternoontea.com). Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?

I hope you enjoyed the photo.
I do suggest blowing it up to get the full view of detail.

4 comments:

  1. To have Cile make my wedding cake was a dream come true :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous. lots of cake artists out there, but this is a masterpiece. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I were so very fortunate as well to have Cile make our wedding cake. We still have the cake topper of sugar flowers in our china cabinet! There will never be anyone like her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a single woman, I carried a picture from a 1977 magazine of Cile holding one of her spectacular cakes, dreaming that she would make my wedding cake if I ever did get married! Fast forward to 1994, and lo and behold, I became engaged, and my dream came true. My nephew and his wife, knowing that my husband and I were paying for our wedding ourselves, offered to buy us a Cile Bellfleur Burbidge cake. I remember like it was yesterday meeting with Cile and meeting her charming husband John at their lovely home in Danvers to choose our cake from her other-wordly portolio of cake styles. We chose our cake colors to coordinate with our wedding, and also to coordinate with the Laura Ashley fabrics and wallpaper in our dining room, planning to display our sugar flower cake topper in our china cabinet as well! It is now 2021, and it is still on display under a glass dome. Cile came to our wedding at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem, MA to cut shephard our cake and to cut it for our guests. Later on, in her mid-80's, as a special favor to us, Cile agreed to make a cake to celebrate my brother and sister in law's 50th anniversary and the renewal of their vows. I will never ever forget her.

    ReplyDelete