Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Basket Miniatures - So tiny!!!

All photos and miniatures are by Stephanie Kilgast.
She is the owner of PetitPlat Food Art (Paris, France)

http://www.petitplat.fr/


Stephanie Kilgast has a unique hobby where she makes things out of clay.
What, not different enough for you?
Ok, she makes tiny things out of clay.
Actually, she makes REALLY tiny things out of clay.
She uses the dollhouse ratio of 1:12.

And while she usually makes mini food products (such as bread or cupcakes) she decided to give Easter the appreciation it deserves.

(A match is included in the above photo to give you the idea on how tiny these items actually are.)


Now remember...

...everything you see is made from polymer clay.
So that's not real chocolate.


And no, you can't have a bite just to make sure.

Fits right on the tip of your finger.


Now, when you look at this basket.

Do you see it as being half-full of jelly beans?
Or do you see it as being full of painted eggs?

Pretty deep stuff here at HolidayTrees.


On reexamining the clay or chocolate dilemma.
I've decided...

...that it is probably just a mixture of chocolate and candy.
I don't see why we can't eat an egg or two?



A special thanks to Stephanie Kilgast for sharing her art and passion.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my work :) I'm very glad you like the Easter minis!

    Stéphanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must take lots of time and patience. Wonder if it takes as much time and patience as me taking apart electronics and re-assembling them all day like a crackhead? I'm sure there is much more patience needed to complete the miniatures vs electronics. (I usually skip the reassembly part with electronics, because often times the disassembly part involves hammers due to my LACK of patience.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie - Thank you very much for sharing your work! I am very envious of you crafty people :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if she can make them with real chocolate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to read some of the information and feedback, here. I hope to read more ideas in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete