Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Black and White Wedding Cakes - Bipolar to the core

I like black and white wedding cakes. They are polar opposites all mashed into one delicious bakery masterpiece. They are a little like me, except I'm just bi-polar. There is no expressive poetry to describe me. Just a little pamphlet asking me to fill in bubbles if I ever felt like hugging someone and punching them at the same time.




Poor little bride and groom cake topper...

...the big old mean bow is taking up the whole top tier.
Cordele Photography



In case the last cake was too white for you...

... here's a little more splash of black on that prissy white wedding cake.
Josef Vienna Bakery (Reno, NV)

Wait a minute!

Is it just me or is this cake giving me the "I want to kill you" look?

*shudders*



This one is a rather elegant, dark and chic woman...er...I mean cake.

I think she's a little stuck up too. I mean look at that hat...er...I mean topper.
Alix's Cakes


Now this is truly bi.

This cake was titled, "The Hat Box Cake".
If it looked just a little bit more like boxes it would have made it in my hatbox section (coming soon!) but since not it's made it here in my lowly bipolar section.
CAKE Chester (Chester, Cheshire UK)



I'm starting to see a connection between these bipolar cakes...

...and crazy hats.
The hat is made of crystal drops and stylized black callas handmade by the baker.
She Takes The Cake (flickr.com)




Advice from CAKE Chester is:

"Be different on your wedding day - we think this is a very sharp but modern looking cake."
Couldn't agree more!
Plus, it's not all stuck up with the callas hats and whatnot.
CAKE Chester (Chester, Cheshire UK)



Just in case these cakes weren't dark enough for you don't worry! There will be solid black wedding cakes to come.

7 comments:

  1. I love these cakes. I'm in love with funny hats myself, so the really elegant with the stripes, swirls, and hat on top really struck me. It's got that Tim Burton, gothic feel to it. I really like the last cake with the flowers trailing down--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your intro is hilarious. The 3rd one reminds me of Beetlejuice's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logano - Thanks and you're right! It does have the pattern scheme of Beetlejuice.

    Lan Nguyen - You're right, they are really gorgeous :-)

    I just wanted to add that any jokes I make about the cakes are just that, jokes. I think they are all masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do I order the last black and white cake with the flowers trailing down the side?? I am really considering to buy that cake for my friends wedding

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your comment is old but if you live in the UK you can contact Cake Chester.

    If you're not, then print out the photo and show it to a local cake maker. That design of having the flowers cascade down is a very popular design and most cake makers should be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anyone know where i can get flowers to trail round a cake, just like the last cake above (the Cake chester one)
    would be grateful for suggestions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those flowers are handmade by most likely the baker. I believe they are made out of fondant.

      Delete