Monday, December 5, 2011

White Christmas Trees in Technicolor!

I used to not be a fan of white Christmas trees. Now this was a while ago when I was a child in the early 90s. I associated white Christmas trees with snobby I'm-too-rich-to-use-anything-with-color-during-Christmas people. These are the same people that use nothing but white Christmas lights all over their house. What is up with that? OK kids, lets go outside and let daddy turn the lights on for us! *click* ooohhhhhh...ahhhhh...It looks just like every other day except the house is illuminated with a bunch of tiny clear lights that are basically regular light bulbs that we see everyday on lamps shrunk down to a mini size.

Get some imagination! If there is one thing I've learned over the years, it's that Christmas is about color, color and more color! Luckily for me (and let's face it, for society as a whole) it looks like people are starting to decorate their white Christmas trees using lots of colorful ornaments and lights.

Lets take a moment to celebrate these pioneers of Christmas fashion. Every Christmas tree below is white with a different color scheme (no, clear is not a color so it will not be featured). Now on to the colorful white Christmas trees.



Tickled Pink

Photo: Nicole W. (CA, USA)
"I'm pretty darn proud of mine," Nicole the tree owner says.
"It was difficult finding ornaments that fit my pink color scheme. So instead, I made all the bows myself and a few of the ornaments as well. The result was quite lovely."


Purple Sparkle

Photo: xcode from flickr.com
Another sparkly white Christmas tree full of monochromatic wonder!
You wouldn't know it from this photo, but this purplish Christmas tree is located in a mall in Singapore. A country which just happens to have some of the most breathtaking Christmas trees in the world.
(Click here to see my article on Singapore Christmas trees.)


Blue Bliss


Photo: Gina Arnone (Portland, OR USA)
This primarily blue Christmas tree was located at Queen Anne Victorian Mansion.
It's a shining example on how white Christmas trees can have color but still be quite elegant.


Red Mingle
,
Green Jingle

Photo: Gina Arnone (Portland OR USA)
I know this doesn't exactly fit with the other white Christmas trees that stuck with shades of one color. But the traditional red and green theme is rarely seen on a white Christmas tree for some reason. So lets all take a moment and appreciate this wonderful, cozy and traditional Christmas scene.
*Made possible by a white Christmas tree.
*



3 comments:

  1. I can't say I'll get a white tree anytime soon, but I do have a new appreciation for it. Thanks for the info on Singapore too. Great article and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally thing the best kind of white tree is a flocked white tree. I mentioned flock trees here: http://holidaytrees.blogspot.com/2009/12/shabby-chic-trees-part-2.html

    But those trees are real and have a totally different look to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My computer freezes whenever i start a video call on IMs?


    Feel free to visit my site :: vaginal mesh Lawsuits

    ReplyDelete