Saturday, October 6, 2012

Grab the Rake! - Fall Foliage Wedding Cakes

I came across lots of leafy wedding cakes during my search for fall wedding cakes.
While many autumnal wedding cakes have a leaf or two, these cakes went all out with their fall foliage. The effect can be rather lovely on some of the more high-end ones.


Here is one of my favorites:

Baker: Amanda Robinson from Sweetfix (Virginia, USA) 
I love the sense of movement on this wedding cake. It looks as though the leaves have been blown around the cake.


Here is another beautiful leafy wedding cake:

 Photographer: Katina Rogers 
Am I the only one that just wants to pluck a leaf off these cakes and eat one? 
They look so crispy and yummy and sugary!


Instead of going the painstaking (and more expensive) route of having handmade leaves on their wedding cake, the owners of this cake opted to use fake leaves and place them around the cake.

 Photographer: Dave Walker (Michigan USA)
Not a bad idea if you're having a wedding in October and need to give off a "crisp fall day" feel in a pinch.


Have a wedding cake you want to share?
Email it to me at HolidayTrees@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment